As compared to conventional structures, the IgE-81 wellpoint system has the following properties:
- reduced amount of work when installing and uninstalling the system (connections between wellpoint and suction header pipe and between individual header pipes are simple, quick and leaktight),
- easier transport and reduced labour demand involved in transport (light materials for wellpoints and suction headers and reduced amount of components),
- high wellpoint durability, which allows for their repeated use (wellpoint material is resistant to corrosion and low temperatures, and the simple design of the typical filter facilitates its cleaning),
- two casing pipe types in two lengths, added to the set, which make it easier to install wellpoints in different soil conditions and at any depth.
Wellpoint system options: IgE 81/32 and IgE 81/63
Wellpoint systems are available in two versions: IgE 81/32 and IgE 81/63. Both versions differ from each other above all in the wellpoints that are used. The most commonly used version, IGE 81/32, is based on flexible wellpoints, 32 mm in diameter.
In the case of the IGE 81/63 option, diameter 63 wellpoints are used. This version allows for more efficient drainage. As compared to version IGE 81/32, a flexible connector with gaskets is additionally required for each wellpoint in order to connect it to the suction header pipe. Also, the suction header and the stoppers that close its ferrules are different.
Standard package of wellpoint system
Elements of wellpoint systems can be order in packages or separate elements.
Elements of wellpoint systems like flexible wellpoints and suction header pipes can be regenerate.
Typical packages is for 50 or 100 wellpoints typically used for 50 or 100 m length of dewatering.
Wellpoints systems diameters - 89, 108, 133 mm
Typical diameter for IGE 81/32 wellpoint system is 133 mm. IGE wellpoint systems also can be made with pipes of 89 and 108 mm diameters.
The IgE system variant with polyethylene elements
Another available variant of the IgE wellpoint system is one in which certain elements (suction header pipes and bends) are made of modified HDPE polyethylene.
The range of operation for a system like that is the same as in the case of fully aluminium systems. It is recommended that polyethylene elements be stored either under a roof or cover.
We recommend following informations
We encourage to see more informations. Look for the right side menu.
- Dewatering of an excavation by a wellpoint, installing wellpoints in the ground - photos
- IGE-81/32 wellpoint system - list of elements and scheme
- IGE-81/63 wellpoint system - list of elements and scheme
- Steel wellpoint system - list of elements
- Dewatering pumps (for wellpoint systems)
- Regenerate of flexible wellpoints service
- Price list
- Order - How to order